Heritage Trust Network members are being asked to complete the first annual Impact Survey. The survey will create a powerful tool we can use to support community heritage.
The Impact Survey will gather data from members to show the range of buildings and spaces they are involved with and the variety of ways those buildings as spaces are being used. It will enable us to understand the impact you are having on local economies, jobs, homes, heritage and landscape restoration, visitor numbers and lots more.
We appreciate that completing the Impact Survey is not going to be a quick job, but we would urge members to set aside some time to do it as:
- It will enable us to demonstrate to Governments, funders, local authorities and other partners the positive impact of community heritage.
- It will enable the staff and trustees of the Network to get a much better picture of who our members are and how we can serve their needs. For example, it will help us to introduce members working on similar types of buildings to each other or convene meetings of members with similar uses in their buildings.
- Gathering the information and completing the survey will create a comprehensive snapshot of your organisation that will give you all the facts in one place for funding applications and to demonstrate your impact locally.
- We hope to provide reports that will enable you to compare your organisation with others in the sector.
- Once we have data from more than one year, we can build a picture of how the sector has grown and provide you with a report on how your organisation has progressed.
Network Chief Executive, David Tittle said: “The data the Impact Survey will give us will be incredibly valuable. It is something we have always felt is lacking when talking to decision makers or planning our work. We have some great stories of our members’ impact and achievements, but we need to complement those with some hard data. I would urge every member to set aside the time to get this survey done.”
By February 7th Network, Network Plus and Connect members should have received a unique link to enable them to complete the survey online. If you have not recieved the link please email Vicki Cox. You should also have received a copy of the survey questions so that you know what information you need to gather. Those questions can be dowloaded below.
Heritage Trust Network impact survey questions preview