Heritage Trust Network is looking for volunteers to become Digital Heroes. If you have good digital skills, and want to be a changemaker in the heritage sector, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Are aged 18-30 (or are young at heart!)
- Have digital knowledge and skills that can help heritage organisations prosper
- Be available for a placement of around 40 hours over a two month period (either June- July 2022, or September- October 2022)
- Can attend remote skills training designed around the needs of the volunteers (this might include training on web development, digital marketing and fundraising, social media and content creation, as well as sessions on how to have organisation-wide impact)
Volunteers will be matched with one of the heritage organisations who are members of Heritage Trust Network. Placements will be a mix of remote and in-person opportunities, although we expect that our Heroes will attend at least one in-person meeting at their host organisation. Our members come from across the UK and vary enormously in terms of size and experience. What they have in common is a desire to preserve built heritage and engage their local community with this heritage.
A recent poll highlighted an urgent need for digital support to help our members achieve their aims. Many members do not have a basic web presence, others need support with fundraising, social media, and content creation. This is where your digital skills can really help.
What’s in it for me?
- You will gain experience working on exciting real-life projects in the heritage sector
- You will receive training co-designed and delivered by Audience Agency which aims to support you to become a digital changemaker
- You will become a part of the Heritage Trust Network community, helping to support the heritage sector
How do I get involved?
The closing date for the first round of recruitment will be 27th March 2022 at 12pm.
We will be in touch with those selected to take part in Digital Heroes by the middle of April 2022.
Digital Heroes has been made possible by The National Lottery Heritage Fund
Thanks to Natalie our content creator for her fantastic artwork above.